Around the world thousands of newborn babies die every hour from easily preventable causes and the lack of trained nurses and midwives. In Vietnam neonatal morality accounts for close to 60% of all deaths in children under 1 year. There are too few doctors and nurses who are appropriately trained in newborn care. The limited knowledge and lack of specialist training are major factors in why the mortality rate remains high.
One of the measures of a civilised society is how well it cares for its most sick and vulnerable members. Nowhere is this tested more than in neonatal (newborn) services and, in particular, in neonatal intensive care. Over the years, neonatal teams in England have made a significant contribution to the international body of knowledge, and babies from right across the world have benefited.
Funds from Cycle a Difference will help Vietnam to:
• further reduce neonatal mortality,
• bring British medical and nursing expertise to central Vietnam,
• provide the first specialist neonatal nurse training in Vietnam
• develop a long-term academic partnership between Christ Church Canterbury University & the Royal College of Nursing that will lay down the foundation to advance newborn care in Vietnam
• provide lifesaving equipment
We are inviting companies and individuals to contribute at four levels of sponsorship:
• Title Sponsor (Premier Oil confirmed as sponsor)
• Support Team Sponsor
• Mechanics Sponsor (Standard Chartered Bank (Vietnam) Ltd confirmed as sponsor)
• Nurse Sponsors
Your company will gain significant brand exposure.
This will be achieved through:
• Features and blogs on Cycle a Difference & Newborns Vietnam websites
• Cycle a Difference banner advertising throughout the 2013 ride
• Features in UK and Vietnamese publications
• Regular blogs on selected participants
• Feature in Newborns Vietnam Annual Report
For the 2013 Corporate Sponsorship Brochure Click here .
For further information on sponsorship opportunities please contact: